Before reading this article we suggest that you read this one: http://searchengineland.com/guide/what-is-seo
Search engine optimization may be a dynamic, ever-changing field as evidenced by the regularity of tweaks that Google does to its myriad algorithms. Nonetheless, there are long-time practices that have proven their efficiency in helping webmasters achieve that coveted position on the first page of Google. And pretty much every user who has practiced them has, one way or another, achieved good – if not their desired – results. It’s for this reason why these practices should always be a part of your SEO strategy.
1. Know your target audience and learn to do proper keyword research.
Producing relevant and high-quality content and site-building are more than just about being an expert in your chosen niche. You should also take the time to learn how your audience behaves, particularly as they conduct their searches as well as the time they spend in your site. Are they engaged by your content? How low your site’s average bounce rate is should prove to be an adequate metric of this. What kinds of keywords do they usually type to reach you?
Of course the vancouver seo expert recommends that you always do good keyword research with the ever-useful tool that is Google’s Keyword Planner. However, there are multiple other effective ways with which you can conduct it properly. For one, before conducting a keyword research campaign, it’s always best to get a list of foundational keywords. These are keywords usually based on the common queries that your costumer’s use in search. Besides this, there’s also Google’s auto-suggest tool, which is readily available for anyone who uses the search engine giant. With optimum keyword research, you’ll always be able to produce SEO- and user-friendly content every time.
2. Pay attention to your on-page SEO.
This is basically the essential SEO practices that you need to do within your site. Extra care should be given as any deviation from these seemingly minor aspects could drastically impact your site’s SEO as a whole. Most of the important ones include:
• Optimize your image’s alt tags, and take the time to write a description for each one.
• Use permalinks that follow Google’s guidelines. For one, it’s always best to use hyphens between the words.
• Harness the power of internal linking. Most webmasters overlook this highly effective on-site SEO technique. Of course, you have to make sure that you connect your posts based on their relevancy.
• Keyword density is still the subject of much debate, but you have to make sure that you don’t over-use your target keyword within the content.
3. Equal importance would have to be placed on your off-page SEO.
On-page SEO is only one-half of the puzzle, as you also have to be mindful of the external factors of your site’s SEO. These are but some of the golden practices that shouldn’t be absent from your SEO campaign’s arsenal.
• Build a solid reputation in social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc. Post your content regularly on these sites, and promote them as often as you can.
• Local search is a particular aspect of Google that you should be making the most out of, as it’s fast becoming a major factor in search results. This is why you shouldn’t hesitate to expose your business and provide as much local information about it as possible to Google.
• Practice proper link building. Analyze the links of your competitors and strive to establish relationships with sites and other web properties that link to them as well. Guest posting is still an effective off-page tactic that you can do too, but be sure to write only well-researched and informative content as you do so.
• Keep using the rel=”follow” tag on links that you don’t trust. This is important in preventing valuable link juice in a specific page from going to waste.
4. Keep your content up-to-date as much as possible.
You don’t have to do it every other day. It’s always best to do it once you’re certain you can add newer and more valuable content for your audience. Many site-owners have already attested to the efficacy of keeping their content updated, as they have reported to have enjoyed as much as a 30% boost in traffic once they did so.